These resources are supplemental activities that your child can complete at home during the school closure. These activities are some of the things we would have been working on in the next couple of weeks.
Create a free login for your child to enjoy math games.Epic Book
Class Code: jej7165Multi-step Word Problems
Solve these problems on a piece of paper. Show your work and use the CUBES strategy to solve.
Multiple Step Word Problems
4.M.OA.03. I can solve multistep word problems with all four operations including estimation.
1. Jennifer has 43 playing cards. She wants to share them equally between herself and 3 friends. How many will each friend get? Will there be any leftover?
2. Angel went to the movies with his friends. He bought 3 pretzels that cost $5 each and 2 sodas that cost $3 each. How much money did Angel spend all together at the movies?
3. There are 337 people at Bingo Night. They are going to sit 8 people at each table. How many tables will they need to sit ALL the people at Bingo Night?
4. Sarah had 93 pennies. She gave her brother 47 pennies. Her mom then gave her 64 more pennies for doing her chores. How many pennies does Sarah now have?
5. Hank and his 4 friends went to the video game store. Each of them bought 2 video games on sale for $7 each. How much did they spend altogether on video games?
6. Mrs. Erbland wants to buy the band ice cream bars for playing so well last week. She has 27 students in her band class. There are 10 ice cream bars in a box. How many boxes of ice cream bars will she need to buy so that every student gets an ice cream bar? Will she have any leftover? If so, how many?
7. Ms. Hamilton went to Wal-Mart and bought 3 movies for $12 each and a CD for $9. How much did she spend at Wal-Mart?
8. Ms. Cochran wanted to surprise the 33 teachers at Desert Valley with pizza. Each pizza has 6 slices. How many pizzas will Ms. Cochran have to buy so that every teacher gets 1 slice of pizza?Reading Comprehension Activity
Have your child select a book on their level. The book can be fiction or nonfiction. Have them answer the following questions on a piece of paper. Make sure that they answer the questions in complete sentences.
What information in the text helped you make that prediction?
Khan Academy can be used to practice math and skills. You will have to create a free login as a Learner. This login will allow your child to follow a progression of standards for each skill.Scholastic Learn at Home
This website is a great resource that is separated by grade level. Students can explore different stories as well as complete activities that go along with each story.